Sharing details of our first trip for 2016, to Mathura, on a Holi phototrail.
Hope you like the photographs.
Book your seats,
An all-boys wagon headed for Mathura this Holi!
Come Holi season, and Mathura beckons us. It’s been so, since we came across photographs three years ago of celebrations in a town called Barsana – where women wield laathis to beat up men as per tradition! That was the famed Lathmaar Holi of Mathura.
It’s not a one-day Holi in this sleepy, temple town. In fact during the one week preceding Holi day, the town and its folk are anything but sleepy!
While Lathmaar Holi is played in one town after another, each day until Holika Dahan, the festival finally culminates a day after Holi. And that’s one tradition more *unique and quirkier than Lathmaar.
At a short distance from Mathura, a local temple sees a comical game being played between local townsfolk. While the men drench the women with colours, the women work together in groups to divest these men off their shirts! This little kept secret is an age-old tradition unique to the village, and we think, worth a trip to capture on your camera.
Coming along with you for the tour as a photography mentor is Mayank Soni, travel photographer and co-founder of Caribou Drift. (To know more about Mayank, click http://1drv.ms/1IgHtmt) . Book yourself a seat soon, to join us for this Holi phototour in and around Mathura.
Dates: March 21 to March 24, 2016
Starting point: Mathura railway station
We will be leaving for Mathura on March 20 from Mumbai. You can join us too, from anywhere in India at the meeting point: Mathura Station, on March 21.
Cost of the trip*: Rs 10,500 per person
- Accommodation (twin-sharing basis) in Mathura; clean, basic and comfortable rooms.
- Breakfast* meals while on the tour. (Please note that room service for meals is not available. Breakfast is arranged for at a local eatery)
- All transfers in hired local rickshaws or non a/c Sumo, Qualis or vehicles of similar make
- All applicable taxes
- Train fare to and back from Mathura
- All meals while on transit
- Any kind of personal expenses or optional tours, extra meals and beverages ordered
- Bottled water and soft drinks
- Anything that is not included in the Inclusions list (see above)
Terms and conditions
- Due to concerns for safety of women, this trip has been planned as an all-boys trip.
- You’ll need a rain cover for your camera and lenses. They are easily available online at e-retail stores.
For more details and to register for the phototrail, please write to us on , or just call us on 9892170395 / 9819234254.”
. . .
May I invite you to visit my websites & blogs?
This file has seven images. All images